Shyness can be a very common personality trait in people, and like everyone else, it has its pros and cons.
In some cases, a touch of shyness helps us understand ourselves better, but in others, it conditions our social life.
To understand this trait we will see below a selection of phrases about shyness very interesting.
The most memorable phrases about shyness
To learn more about this aspect of personality and how to deal with it the best way, we have brought you a series of the best shyness phrases.
1. Crying does not help, saying that a little is a virtue, learning to stand out is not selfishness. (Charlie Chaplin)
Problems must always be addressed, even if it is to modulate the way they affect us.
2. Shyness is a condition foreign to the heart, a category, a dimension that leads to loneliness. (Pablo Neruda)
Being shy is, in part, inviting loneliness to live by your side, for both good and bad.
3. It is easy to confuse shyness and coldness with silence and indifference. (Lisa Kleypas)
The tendency to be shy is not the same as being surrounded by an impassable wall.
4. Curious thing! The first symptom of true love in a boy is shyness, in a girl it is daring. (Victor Hugo)
A reflection on gender roles.
5. I am not embarrassed. I have nothing to say when I have nothing of value to say.
Shut up when necessary or it’s a matter of timidity, but caution.
6. Shyness is made up of the desire to please and the fear of not getting it. (Edme Beauchêne)
If we only focus on the pleasure of others, the result is not what we expected.
7. A lot of people are locked and locked inside themselves, although they would open, unfold beautifully, if you were interested in them. (Sylvia Plath)
Fear and shyness must be put aside to achieve anything in life.
8. I have already done the easy, I am doing the difficult and I will achieve the impossible.
We must always rely on our skills.
9. Don’t try to be what you are not. If you are nervous, be nervous. If you are shy, be shy. (Adriana Lima)
Don’t look different, accept weaknesses.
10. Let the world know how fantastic you are.
Open your guts and let others know how beautiful you are.
11. Shyness is mistrust of self-esteem, which wants to please is afraid of not succeeding. (Molière)
When pleasing others is the premise, the fear of not getting it is very voracious.
12. The best gem of a woman is her shyness.
A little shyness can be seductive.
13. He who asks timidly invites refusal. (Arthur Shopenhauer)
You must be sure and firm under all circumstances.
14. The sweetest smelling flower is shy and humble. (William Wordsworth)
The beauty of life is enveloped in humility and simplicity.
15. Shyness has a strange component to narcissism: the belief that other people really care about how we dress or how we act. (André Dubus)
Shyness carries something of self-love.
16. My feelings are too strong for words and too timid for the world. (Dejan Stojanovic)
What we often experience is perceived as something frightening.
17. For the timid and the undecided, everything is impossible, because it seems so. (Walter Scott)
If you think you can’t get what you want because of your shyness and insecurity, so be it.
18. Shyness is a kind of fear of some kind of reaction contrary to the desired act. (Emídio Silva Falcão Brasileiro)
Shyness and fear always go hand in hand.
19. Fanaticism is the only form of will that can be instilled in the weak and the timid. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
The weak and the timid are very easy parts to manipulate.
20. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
You always have to venture out to try new things.
21. Fall a thousand times and get up. That’s life.
If you fall get up, if you fall again you stop again, so whenever necessary.
22. A good pointer ready after the skylights is what a shy person would need to have the last laugh. (Audrey Tautou)
A shy person is hiding behind something.
23. Shyness is a great sin against love. (Anatole France)
Being shy doesn’t allow you to enjoy the beauty that love brings.
24. Low view, not a good gem. (unknown)
Don’t go through life with your head down, look up and you will see the beauty of life.
25. You always say that you don’t like people, but people can’t like something that isn’t there. (Cath Crowley)
To please others, we have to have fun and get out of the shell in which we are.
26. Dare to do something every day that you never dared before.
Try to do something new and daring every day.
27. To the timid and the hesitant, everything is impossible, for it seems to them. (Walter Scott)
Shyness and indecision do not allow you to achieve what you want.
28. A daring slave is more powerful than a timid king. (Constance Chuks Friday)
Boldness, courage, and courage can help achieve things that were previously difficult to achieve.
29. My mother tongue was shyness. It was only by being pushed to glory that I learned to endure my shyness. (Al Pacino)
With constant work and effort, shyness can be overcome.
30. I was the most shy person ever invented, but I had a lion in me who would not be silent. (Ingrid Bergman)
There is something about us that prompts us to be brave and courageous to make all of our dreams come true.
31. Sometimes I feel like asking you things, and you intimidate me with your gaze, and I return to silence infected with the shy scent of roses. (Glòria Fortes)
A person can only be intimidated by the gaze of others.
32. Take a risk, don’t get in the mood. What should you lose if you try?
He who does not risk does not gain, but much to lose.
33. The bull and the shameful do not last long in the body. (Anonymous)
If you face your fears, they will be fleeting.
34. Shyness, the inexhaustible source of so much misfortune in practical life, is the direct cause, if not the only one, of all interior wealth. (Emile Michel Cioran)
A shy person is not really happy.
35. I don’t know why they subject introverts to treatment. Just because they can’t be as boring as the rest of them? (Màrio Quintana)
Introverted people also have their charms.
36. Society is a strange concept to some people. They fear her as much as most people fear loneliness. (Criss Jami)
For many people, being accompanied causes them a strange feeling similar to those who experience loneliness.
37. The limits are in your own mind.
Dare, get out of your mental shell.
38. It is the problem of reserved people like me: when it comes to confiding, we realize that writing is easier. (Maria Elena Walsh)
Writing is a tool that shy people use.
39. Hidden talent does not produce reputation. (Rotterdam Erasmus)
Manifest this skill that you have, have no fear.
40. Don’t be too shy and worried about your actions. Life is an experience. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Find ways to take shyness out of your life.
41. When you are daring some people will think you are crazy, but being shy is crazier. (Constance Chuks Friday)
For some people, shyness is a little crazy.
42. The way to overcome shyness is to get so involved in something that you forget to be afraid. (Claudia Lady Bird Johnson)
It is important to do what you love to free yourself from fear and shyness.
43. Shyness has a strong component of narcissism. (André Dubus)
To be shy is always to see yourself in a mirror.
44. Silence has always been my default, my best defense against the rest of the world. (Matthew Fast)
Sometimes being silent is the right thing to do.
45. Shyness is a dangerous flaw to censor in people that we want it corrected. (François de La Rochefoucauld)
Shyness keeps us from doing important things.
46. You won’t care so much what other people think of you if you realize how little they do about you. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Don’t worry about what other people think of you.
47. Never see yourself as enemies, especially timid enemies. (Laurent Angliviel de la Beaumelle)
Don’t let your shyness make you an enemy of yourself.
48. Deep rivers are calm. (Haruki Murakami)
If you are satisfied with your shyness, live it calmly.
49. To be shy with a person is to admit his inferiority to him. But this fear of displeasing him, although flattering, does not oblige him to sympathize with us. (Claude Prosper Crebillon)
Not because we’re shy, people sympathize with us.
50. Sometimes the women who seem the coldest are the most shy. (Jean-Pierre Rochefort)
Shy women can pretend to be cold.
51. Shyness is a luxury reserved for those above the poverty line. For a beggar, being shy is deadly. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
Shyness is only present in some people.
52. The most common cause of shyness is overstating our own importance. (Samuel Johnson)
Shyness arises when we believe we are above others.
53. Shyness is fueled in part by so many people who invest so much time alone. (Philippe Zimbard)
The company of others is important.
54. What is impossible is the phantom of the timid and the refuge of the cowards. (Napoleon I)
The timid are afraid to fight, the cowards too.
55. Let us miss more for the timid than for the daring. (David Grayson)
Shyness causes many opportunities to be missed.
56. Shame is like everything else, and living in it for a long time can make it part of the furniture. (Salman Rushdie)
Always living in shyness can lead to becoming something lasting.
57. Some of us are shy. We think we have something to lose so we don’t try with the next difficulty. (Maya Angélou)
Shyness keeps us from getting the best of ourselves.
58. Your shyness will bring you more emotional and material losses than any of your other negative attributes. (Amit Calendar)
Being shy keeps you from getting everything you want.
59. No one is so shy that they would rather not fall once than be always on their toes. (Seneca)
Shyness is overcome by effort and dedication.
60. Being shy is a symptom of low self-esteem. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
Having low self-esteem influences shyness.
61. You can’t be that shy guy all your life. You have to give yourself a little more, get closer to the public without all that armor. (Tom Jobim)
Try to lose some of that fear that is controlling you every day.
62. I’m sorry, it’s me. I want to be alone! He calls the soul of the timid who is free only from loneliness. Contradictory, he wants the warmth of the people. (Clarice Lispector)
Being alone is not the solution to freeing yourself from shyness.
63. Introverts can have strong social skills and enjoy parties and business meetings, but after a while they prefer to be home. (Susan Cain)
All day long, being alone is a blessing.
64. For the timid man, the air is infested with demons. (Anonymous)
Shy people see evil in everything around them.
65. At bottom, she was still, and always would be, a shy girl who only felt at ease in the solitude of the mountains. (Irene Némirovsky)
Basically, we’ll always be a little shy.
66. Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boiling sea of freedom. (Thomas Jefferson)
Some people would rather be dominated by fear than being carried away by the bustle of freedom.
67. The brave and the daring still persist against fortune, the timid and cowardly even flee the same fear. (Publius Cornelius Tacitus)
Courage helps to fight, shyness helps to fear.
68. Shyness is mistrust of self-esteem, which, eager to please, fears it will not succeed. (Molière)
Shyness stems from a lack of self-esteem.
69. It would be foolish to entrust a great achievement to a timid man, for all things are the size of him who does them. (Plautus)
Each person acts according to their abilities.
70. Many are horrified during a speech, but appreciate in-depth discussions. (Susan Cain)
The simpler can be more frightening.
71. My determination has always been stronger than my shyness. (Marjorie Estiano)
Keep going, despite your shyness.
72. There is timidity of the soul, and what is revealed to us can also be forbidden to us. (Agustina Bessa-Luis)
Shyness in expressing our beliefs is also a form of slavery.
73. The point is, most of the actors are shy people. (Roger Moore)
Taking action is a way to disguise shyness.
74. The misfortune of lonely and timid people … is precisely that, although they have their eyes and open them wide, they see nothing or see everything under a false light, as through colored glasses. (Ivan Sergeyevich Turgenev)
The way we see things is what binds us together or sets us free.
75. He who renounces shyness in economic affairs, in the acquisition of knowledge, in food and in business, becomes happy.
Freeing yourself from shyness and fears allows you to achieve happiness.
76. People think that you can’t be shy and be on TV. They are wrong. (Diane Sawyer)
In the entertainment world, there is also shyness.
77. Shyness is a desire to please and the fear of not obtaining it. (Ludwig Börne)
Shy people have a great need to please others, but the fear of not getting it is greater.
78. A timid failure is nobler than a shameless success. (Kahlil Gibran)
It is better to fail in the fight than to succeed without deserving it.
79. The man who knows how to be shy depends on all rascals. (Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais)
Often times, shyness is a strategy.
80. Frankly, I am shy and paranoid. I hate fame. I did my best to avoid it. (Johnny Depp)
A lot of people don’t feel comfortable with what they have.
81. Excessive shyness is more often the result of pride than of modesty. (Lord Halifax)
There are people who, out of pride, seem shy.
82. Shyness is not the end of the world, although it can close many doors. (unknown)
Shyness can close many opportunities.
83. You would lose your shyness if you were aware of the few people who care about what you do in your life. (Anonymous)
Ignore what other people think, just focus on your life.
84. For the timid and the undecided, everything is impossible because it seems so. (Walter Scott)
Shyness makes it difficult for a person to feel confident.
85. A shy person is neither better nor worse than another, he simply has different abilities. (unknown)
Shyness is neither a default or virtue, it’s just a different skill.
86. Praise motivates introverted children, while censorship motivates extroverted children. (Marina José Antonio)
Children will grow up with a personality that will depend on the education of their parents.
87. The shell must break before the bird can fly.
Shyness must be attacked from an early age.
88. Ignorance oscillates between extreme daring and extreme timidity. (Paul Valéry)
Great daring and extreme shyness lead to ignorance.
89. To be ignorant is no shame, but not wanting to learn if you are. (Benjamin Franklin)
We must always bet on knowledge.
90. Like everything in life, extremes are usually negative. Extreme shyness can close too many doors, and extreme extraversion can get you into trouble.
We must try to have a balance in life.