Violence is a generally harmful social phenomenon, and it can take many different forms.
Sometimes it is a sign of insecurity and fear that cannot be faced in a healthy way, where anger and destruction is the way to solve any problem. However, it can also be a form of conscious and planned domination.
In this article you will find a selection of the best phrases about violence, he commented.
The most memorable sentences of violence
Even if it is the product of human emotion, violence is never a good counselor, although it is important to understand its dynamics. To learn more about how it works, we’ll go over various quotes and inspirational thoughts on violence.
1. Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. (Isaac Asimov)
When someone is incompetent, violence is the way to desperately try to solve problems.
2. Violence is fear of the ideals of others. (Mahatma Gandhi)
The fear of recognizing that the ideas of others are good or deserve to be considered, can lead to the desire to impose our opinions.
3. Violence is blamed on the poor and the poor, but without equality of opportunity the various forms of aggression and war will find fertile ground which will sooner or later explode. (Pope Francis)
The absence of inequality is a major trigger for violence.
4. Education is the vaccine against violence. (Edouard James Olmos)
Knowledge makes it possible to better manage coexistence, which is why we must bet on it.
5. In the face of atrocities, we must take sides. Silence stimulates the executioner (Elie Wiesel)
The voice of protest must be raised when the unjust circumstance merits it.
6. Personal, private and lonely pain is more terrifying than anyone can inflict it. (Jim Morrison)
The pain that you suffer inside and without companionship is more painful than any other.
7. Violence is fear of other people’s ideas and lack of faith in one’s own. (Antonio Fraguas Forges)
A violent act occurs when we are afraid of the thoughts of others and of our own.
8. To wall up your own suffering is to risk being devoured from within. (Frida Kahlo)
To accumulate anxieties, anxieties and nightmares, is an act against oneself.
9. The barbarians who entrust everything to force and violence build nothing, for the seeds are hatred. (José Marti)
Hatred does nothing for good.
10. For a non-violent person, everyone is family. (Mahatma Gandhi)
Not doing violence allows you to enjoy life better.
11. Defend your life, fight for your independence, seek your happiness and learn to love yourself. (Izaskun González)
Fighting for yourself cannot be considered an act of violence.
12. Violence is a weakness. (Jean Jaurès)
A violent person is weak and insecure.
13. Accepting a first abuse is the principle of a long humiliation. Love yourself, you will not be mistreated. (Anonymous)
Don’t let anyone mistreat you in any way, love yourself very much.
14. No man is good enough to rule a woman without her consent. (Susan Antoine)
No woman should allow the abuse of a man who says he wants her.
15. Violence and weapons cannot solve human problems. (Pope John Paul II)
Violence does not solve problems, rather it makes them grow.
16. People love violence. (Morgan FREEMAN)
Being violent is a fad like most people do.
17. it for an eye and everyone will end up blind. (Mahatma Gandhi)
Don’t do to others what you don’t want them to do to you.
18. We don’t need weapons and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion. (Mare Teresa)
Love, understanding and knowledge are the real weapons you need to achieve peace.
19. Victory achieved by violence is equivalent to defeat, because it is momentary. (Mahatma Gandhi)
Violence will never lead to real victory.
20. Beware of incommunicability; it is the source of all violence. (Jean paul Sartre)
Whoever does not express his feelings, violence lives in him.
21. If violence is what matters, then I don’t have the strength to live in such a world. (Jérémy Irons)
Our world is violent, we are looking for ways to turn this around.
22. Violence shows fear of other people’s ideas and lack of faith in one’s own. (Antonio Fraguas Forges)
Violence represents a lack of self-confidence and a fear of accepting the ideas of others.
23. Break the silence. When you witness violence against women, do not sit idly by. Actua (Ban Ki Moon)
There is no need to be silent about violence against women.
24. If someone gets a hold of you, make sure they don’t get a hold of someone else. (Malcolm X)
If you are being abused, report your abuser, stop them from harming someone else.
25. I cannot admit violence even against violence. (Roger Martin Du Gard)
Violence is an unacceptable act that must be eradicated.
26. Hitting a woman is not a cultural thing, it is a crime, and it should be directed and treated as such. (Hillary Clinton)
Violence against women is a cruel and inhuman act, it is not a question of culture.
27. Violence is only an expression of fear. (Arturo Graf)
Fear breeds violence.
28. Any reform imposed by violence will correct nothing of the evil: good judgment does not need violence. (Leo Tolstoy)
Violence only leads to more violence.
29. The two sexes, inferior or superior, are not to each other. They are just different. (Gregorio Marañon)
Neither woman nor man is inferior to the other.
30. Violence creates more social problems than it solves. (Martin Luther King)
With violent acts nothing is solved.
31. Any time of day or night is a good time to say enough and end a stage in your life that you wish you hadn’t experienced. (Raimunda de Peñaflor)
Stop, face what you no longer want in your life.
32. The fear of women to the violence of the man is the mirror of the fear of the man to the fearless woman (Eduardo Galeano)
A man who strikes, deep down he is a real coward.
33. All violence is the result of people deceiving themselves into believing that their pain is caused by other people, therefore believing that they deserve to be punished. (Marshall Rosenberg)
A person is violent for the simple fact of believing himself to be the victim of something.
34. In the midst of arms, the laws are silent. (Cicero)
Violence silences the laws.
35. To educate for equality and respect is to educate against violence. (Benjamin Franklin)
If we educate children with values, violence will have no place.
36. Patience and time do more than strength and violence. (Jean de la Fontaine)
With patience everything is done.
37. Nonviolence does not always work, but violence never works. (Madge Michels-Cyrus)
Violence does not last over time.
38. It is a fundamental error to regard violence as a force. (Thomas Carlyle)
Violence has nothing to do with being strong.
39. This gives the impression that violence and lack of vision dominate our world. (Brian Weiss)
Different points of view and violence rule the world.
40. Violence eats spiritual refuse and boredom is spiritual anorexia. (Pierre Kreeft)
People use violence to get things done and apathy not to fight.
41. We had two choices: shut up and die or talk and die. We decided to talk. (Malala Yousafzai)
We had two choices: shut up and die or talk and die. We decided to talk. (Malala Yousafzai)
42. Peace begins with a smile. (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)
A smile can melt the coldest heart.
43. Human beings build too many walls and not enough bridges. Isaac Newton)
We are experts in building walls, not finding solutions.
44. In any relationship you have, you don’t deserve someone who doesn’t love you, much less someone who hurts you. (Walter Riso)
The love that comes with abuse and harassment is not real.
45. No and surrender, please don’t give up. (Mario Benedetti)
Never give up the fight.
46. Buffets and insults cannot be justified, for they are a humiliation. (Anonymous)
Don’t let them abuse you and dominate you.
47. Violence is not a strength but a weakness, it can never create anything, it will only destroy it. (Benedetto Croce)
Violence will never be a good thing.
48. No woman can claim to be free when she has no control over her own body. (Margaret Sanger)
If we don’t have control, then we can’t enjoy freedom.
49. Violence is an uncontrollable animal, which usually ends up attacking its own owner. (Renny Yagosesky)
Violence can trigger horrific acts against those who experience it.
50. Ideals are peaceful, history is violent. (Brad Pitt)
Ideas are peaceful, but by realizing them, violence becomes present.
51. The day has now come when violence against another human being must become as odious as eating the flesh of another. (Martin Luther King)
Violence against another person is a cruel and ruthless act.
52. Nothing good ever comes from violence. (Marti Luter)
Violence, whatever it is, only brings negative things.
53. Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. (John F. Kennedy)
Many have engaged in violence as a means of revolution.
54. If we are drawn to Christ, we believe unwillingly; violence is then used, not freedom. (Saint Augustin)
Religions are also a form of violence.
55. Violence breeds violence.
Violence breeds violence.
56. This irrational desire for domination, control and power over the other person is the main force that fuels domestic violence between couples. (Luis Rojas Marcos)
Wanting to gain the upper hand over the other is what breeds violence in the family.
57. I am annoyed that men cannot cry. (Emma Watson)
Men can also show feelings.
58. Our men believe that earning money and giving orders are the basis of power. (Malala Yousafzai)
Men need to understand that money and power are not everything.
59. The child needs someone who is very attached to himself in order to be able to share what he is feeling, what is happening to him. (Anonymous)
Always listen and listen to children.
60. If he mistreats you and you do nothing, you will let him. (Montserrat Delgado)
If someone mistreats you, fight not to do it again.
61. Equality for women must be a central element in any attempt to resolve social, economic and political problems. (Kofi Annan)
The figure of the woman is important in society.
62. The child does not belong to the family. She can’t do what she wants with him. (Anonymous)
Children need to be educated to be free.
63. The power is in the hands of a woman who takes care of everyone during the day and gives birth. (Malala Yousafzai)
Women have key roles.
64. I have seen men suffering psychologically unable to ask for help for fear of being considered “men”. (Emma Watson)
Brave men are those who show their feelings.
65. This idea that the world was made for man must be rejected: it was not made for man but for the lion, the eagle or the dolphin. (Heavens)
All living things have the same right to live on the planet.
66. The truth is not on the side of the one who cries the most. (Rabindranath Tagore)
Whoever calls is never right.
67. Violent antipathies are always suspect and reveal a secret affinity. (William Hazlitt)
Violence passes through hatred and resentment.
68. In the end, truth and love will always prevail over violence and oppression. (Dalai Lama)
Love always wins.
69. The spiral of violence is only stopped by the miracle of forgiveness. (John Paul II)
Through forgiveness, violence loses its meaning.
70. Paraphrase the sage: No one can think and hit someone at the same time. (Susan Sontag)
Violence makes people dirty.
71. You will never win by violence. You only win when you maintain your dignity. (Mahershala Ali)
Violence never wins.
72. A man’s violence against his partner is invisible except when reported. (Jacobo Duran)
Reporting to the abuser is important, despite the fact that it is the couple.
73. The amount of clothes I wear does not determine the degree of respect I deserve.
What is material is not synonymous with respect.
74. Violence in the voice is often the death of reason in the throat. (John Frederick Boyes)
He who offends with words is not right.
75. Until we have equality in education, we will not have an egalitarian society. (Sònia Sotomayor)
Education should reach every person regardless of social status, race, sex or skin color.
76. No one knows me or wants me completely. I only have me. (Simone de Beauvoir)
Love and self-respect are essential.
77. Violence is based on the illusion that life is a property to be defended rather than shared. (Henri Nouwen)
Sharing with others allows us to eliminate violence from our lives.
78. Neither land nor women are territories of conquest.
Women deserve respect in all respects.
79. Where someone fights for their dignity, for equality, to be free… look them in the eye. (Bruce Springsteen)
Anyone who fights for their dignity and freedom deserves to be recognized.
80. We do not let our anger turn into anger and it into violence. (by Alonso Puig)
He avoids anger because he triggers violence.
81. Violence, however it manifests itself, is a failure. (Jean paul Sartre)
Violence always carries failure on its back.
82. With violence we forget who we are. (Marie McCarthy)
Violence obscures the mind.
83. Poverty is the worst form of violence. (Mahatma Gandhi)
Social and economic inequality is a form of violence.
84. Violence is not a strength but a weakness, it can never create anything, it will only destroy it. (Benedetto Croce)
Being violent is not synonymous with strength, but with weakness.
85. Violence generally breeds violence. (Aeschylus)
He who is violent will only find violence there.
86. How you treat, they will treat you. Children also learn by observation. Let’s not forget to listen but also to watch. (Anonymous)
Children imitate what they see and hear, be careful.
87. As long as governments set an example in killing their enemies, citizens will kill theirs. (Elbert Hubbard)
The example given is what is set in motion.
88. Violence is not power but the absence of power. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Whoever wants to be powerful must keep violence away from his life.
89. If there is violence in our hearts, it is better to be violent than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover up helplessness. (Mahatma Gandhi)
Who is violent always proves it.
90. Much work and blood would be avoided if we opened our hearts. (Chief Joseph)
If we show our feelings, a lot of harm would be avoided.